Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fark, sometimes I mess up...

Mostly I just open my mouth to change feet. That is the one thing about me that I could've lived without. In my 29 years I've called a priest "testicles" (the Sotho words sounds very much the same, Muruti and Mêrete).

I've called a fat women pregnant. I've said that ones mother is a whore (also due to cross language misunderstandings) Africa is a tough country. Eleven official languages in South Africa alone and I suspect that these things will happen, and I'm not alone in this.

It's just that I try really hard to be "politically correct", since it's all the rage over here. I try to treat every single person with dignity and respect. I do it partly 'cause I want to, and partly 'cause I have to. Yet it's difficult.

I don't like stupid people. I don't really care who you are, or where you are from, just have a brain and we might be friends.

I cant really hide the way I feel. My face tells its own story, and no matter how much I try to hide it I cant seem to control it. It really gets me into some deep shit sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, stupid doesn't do it for me either . . . a honest mistake due to a language barrier may be forgiven . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Krista, nice to see wordpress found their way here!

    ReplyDelete